Tips, Articles and FAQs on Buying Motorcycle Insurance in Canada
InsuranceHotline.com Provides Safety Tips for Motorcycle Riders
Spring is on the horizon and when it comes to riding a motorcycle, safety is the number priority. Safety on the road is always an important issue, but for motorcycle riders, it’s even more vital. Riders are more exposed than drivers in a car and at a higher risk of serious injuries or fatalities in an accident. Safety for riders is not just a good idea – it can save lives. It’s also important to note that your driving record...
- Getting the Most Out of Motorcycle InsuranceWith motorcycle season fast approaching and the warm weather on the horizon, many riders are itching to get back on the road. Liability insurance for your motorcycle, like car insurance, is mandatory for anyone who wants to hit the road on two wheels. While every rider has to have a policy in force, not every rider is getting the most out of that policy...
- Two Wheel Safety: Important Tips for MotorcyclistsAs spring comes around many motorcyclists are itching to get out on the road and enjoy the freedom of hitting the road on two wheels. But along with motorcycle season comes the need for some extra caution on the road. When you haven’t been riding over the winter months, it’s...
- Tips to Ride Safe and Save Big on Motorcycle InsuranceWith spring around the corner and the motorcycle riding season soon to begin, InsuranceHotline.com provides important tips for staying safe on the road and for getting the best rates on motorcycle insurance...
- InsuranceHotline.com Launches Insurance Myth of the Week ProgramInsuranceHotline.com has launched a new website which examines insurance myths — InsuranceMyths.ca. The site has both videos and copy aimed at educating consumers about common misconceptions regarding insurance...
- Shopping for Motorcycle Insurance in AlbertaShopping for insurance is generally not the most fun you can have, but it doesn't have to be difficult either. When it comes to finding the right motorcycle insurance policy in Alberta, there are a few ways you can go about it. Make your search for the right policy to meet your needs a little easier on yourself by focusing on a few main factors and narrowing down the search to the insurance companies and agents who can provide you the best insurance.
- Staying Safe on Your BikeRiding a motorcycle may look easy, but for a rider, there's a lot of skill and preparation involved in staying safe on the road. Motorcycle accidents are generally much more severe than car accidents, so every rider's first priority should be safety. Before you jump into motorcycle riding, these expert tips will help you prepare.
- Spring Motorcycle Preparation ChecklistSpring has arrived and you are ready to jump on your bike and head out into the sunshine, but before you get revved up, take a few moments to get your bike prepared. Doing so will extend the life of your bike, and result in a safer ride for you and everyone else on the road. You'll only keep your cheap motorcycle insurance premiums by staying safe and accident free, so starting the season with your bike in peak condition is crucial. After a winter in storage, use this checklist to prepare your bike before you get back on the road!
- How To Save On Your Motorcycle InsuranceAs the snow melts and the sun begins to shine, motorcycle owners and riders get excited about getting their bikes back on the road and are ready to ride. What they may not be ready for is how much their motorcycle insurance can cost. Before you insure your motorcycle, use the following tips to help find cheap motorcycle insurance, and save on your existing policy.
- 4 Easy Ways to Save Money on Your Motorcycle InsuranceAre you spending too much on motorcycle insurance? Considering getting a bike and want to make sure you get the best rates? Save on your premiums by following these four simple tips will help you get cheap motorcycle insurance.
- Insuring Your Motorcycle for Out-of-Province or CountryAfter getting your online motorcycle insurance quote, and get the best rate, you'll receive a Canadian Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card - your "pink card". This is proof that you have the required motorcycle insurance coverage. You should carry this with you at all times.
- Insurance for Your MotorcycleTo drive a motorcycle, you must have a valid motorcycle license. For motorcycles, insurance is not required while the vehicle is driven on private property.
- Maximum Limits on Medical, Rehabilitation and Attendant Care Benefits (Province of Ontario)If you're a motorcycle driver who has insured your motorbike by finding the lowest rate through InsuranceHotline.com, then you should also be aware of the benefits that would be paid out to you in various circumstances. The information below is from the Insurance Act for the province of Ontario, and you may wish to consult the Act in your own state or province to determine the exact benefit amounts that apply to you.
- Factors Determining Cost of Motorcycle InsuranceMany factors play a role in determining the cost of your motorcycle insurance. Your age, your driving record, how often you drive, your rider training, whether or not your have prior motorcycle insurance, where you live, and the type of motorcycle you own can all affect your insurance premium
- 9 Motorcycle Insurance Questions Every Rider Should Know AboutFrequently asked questions about Motorcycle Insurance.
We compare your rate against 30+ insurance companies for FREE.Postal Code is not recognized.
"I thought I was getting a great auto insurance rate before but I tried InsuranceHotline.com and saved an additional $200 per year. I strongly encourage people to get a quote – you’ve got nothing to lose."
- Jessika P., Toronto, Ontario
"The few minutes I spent to get a new quote on your site was totally worth it. I was able to save $700 a year on
my annual auto insurance premium. Thanks Insurance Hotline!"
- Nadine A., Toronto, Ontario
Get a Quote:
- Getting the Most Out of Motorcycle Insurance