Protect your home from water damage!
Enviornment Canada issued a warning for heavy rains and strong winds today, Friday June 1st. It’s a great time to remind homeowners to protect their homes from water damage.
Here are some tips from Insurance Bureau of Canada on protecting your property:
- Move valuable items located in basements to higher ground
- Keep floor drains clear of obstructions
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are clear of debris
- Install a sump pump; if you already have one make sure it is in working order
- Install a sewer backup valve to prevent water from entering your home
- Ensure there is proper grading around your home and address any concerns (e.g. ground sloping towards the house)
- Use a rain barrel to catch water runoff
For more information on Flood Damage, check out this article:
Flood Damage: Must-Know Information for Homeowners
A Simple Guide to Insurance Savings
Saving money on insurance is something that is discussed so much that many people are not certain what really works and what is a myth. Saving on your car insurance is possible, and it is simple. These tried and true… Read More
Everything You Need To Know and Have On a Road Trip
Road trips are a tradition; they’re a fun and exciting way to see the country and reach your destination. Many people choose to drive these days rather than fly due to the cost of airfare, but some simply prefer to hit… Read More
Leasing Vs. Financing a Car: Does It Affect Insurance?
Leasing and financing are the two methods by which most people purchase a new car. Both involve making monthly payments, and in both cases an outside company has a stake in the vehicle. This means that they have an… Read More