Tips, Articles and FAQs on Buying Travel Insurance in Canada
Insurance Coverage While Traveling: How To Save
Going on a vacation whether it is overseas or within your own country, can be an exciting and amazing experience. The last thing that you...
- Travel Insurance: What it Covers and Why You Need ItThere is a lot to think about when planning a trip, and travel insurance is one thing many people tend to forget. But when you are planning to leave Canada or even your home province, travel insurance ...
- InsuranceHotline.com Launches Insurance Myth of the Week ProgramInsuranceHotline.com has launched a new website which examines insurance myths — InsuranceMyths.ca. The site has both videos and copy aimed at educating consumers about common misconceptions regarding insurance...
- Top 10 Tips on Buying the Best Canadian Travel InsuranceWhether you’re taking a short weekend trip over the border or planning an extended stay in another country, buying travel insurance is an essential part of booking your trip. But not all insurance coverage is equal and the process of choosing your coverage can be...
- The Most Common Questions & Concerns About Canadian Travel InsuranceInsurance can be a complicated product. There are limitations, exclusions and sometimes onerous application procedures. Take heart - with some basic knowledge and a sense of advocacy, you can secure the optimum coverage for yourself and your family. Travel with peace of mind and obtain your Canadian travel insurance policy with ease.
- What You Should Know About Travel Insurance for CanadiansWhen planning and budgeting for a trip many Canadians might assume that travel insurance is optional. But in order to properly protect your family, your belongings and the money invested into your trip, travel insurance is vital.
- Trip Cancellation InsuranceDid you know that in July 2010 over 700,000 Canadians travelled overseas? That’s nearly 5% of the population. While it seems that Canadians love to travel, many only get to go abroad every few years. This infrequency makes vacationing extra special, so making sure that everything goes smoothly is crucial. This is why trip cancellation insurance is so important –it protects you before and during your vacation to ensure that if something unforeseeable happens, either preventing you from going on vacation or forcing you to return home early you are protected from the financial consequences.
- Your Guide to Purchasing Travel Health InsuranceIf you are planning a trip outside of Canada, purchasing travel health insurance is a smart idea. Your provincial health care plan will only provide you with very limited coverage in another country, leaving you to foot the majority of the bill for any medical care you might need. Travel health insurance plans were created to provide coverage for the wide gap between what your health plan will pay and the actual cost of health care abroad.
- Travel and Your Provincial Health PlanCanadians are lucky to live in a nation where health care is available to all residents; however, when you travel outside your home province you can’t always take that coverage with you. Depending on your province of residence, there are important facts you should know about how and when you are covered when you are travelling, whether for business or pleasure. Purchasing a travel insurance policy is a simple way to eliminate the worry about your potential medical costs while abroad.
- Travel Insurance: Don’t Leave Home Without It!Travel can be exciting, relaxing and rewarding, but if something goes wrong while you are away from home, it can quickly become a financial nightmare. Fortunately, with the right travel insurance coverage, you can prevent an already bad situation such as an accident from becoming much worse when the bills start to roll in.
We compare your rate against 30+ insurance companies for FREE.Postal Code is not recognized.
"I thought I was getting a great auto insurance rate before but I tried InsuranceHotline.com and saved an additional $200 per year. I strongly encourage people to get a quote – you’ve got nothing to lose."
- Jessika P., Toronto, Ontario
"The few minutes I spent to get a new quote on your site was totally worth it. I was able to save $700 a year on
my annual auto insurance premium. Thanks Insurance Hotline!"
- Nadine A., Toronto, Ontario
Get a Quote:
- Travel Insurance: What it Covers and Why You Need It