Shopping for Cambridge Auto Insurance Quotes
Based on the last census data (2011), Cambridge had a population of 126,748. This makes Cambridge the eighteenth most populated city in Ontario. With 79.3 per cent of the population being old enough to drive (16 and older), InsuranceHotline.com is here to help the more than 100,000 Cambridge residents who are old enough to drive and are looking to save some money on their auto insurance premiums.
One of the best ways to save is to shop around. The cost to insure the same driver and vehicle can differ significantly among insurance companies. In some cases the difference in cost can vary by hundreds and even thousands of dollars. You may think you currently have the best rate available (and maybe you do), but when it comes time to renew your policy, you always should check and see if there’s a better rate out there.
Who Shops For Cambridge Auto Insurance
When it comes to determining insurance rates there are many factors that are taken into consideration. One of them is your driving record. Many people think, only drivers with tickets, collisions or both need to shop around, but InsuranceHotline.com data shows that even drivers with a clean driving record benefit too!
While getting quotes at InsuranceHotline, almost 70.4 per cent of Cambridge drivers indicated they have a clean driving history with no tickets, accidents or licence suspensions to speak of. That’s a good chunk of the population. The rest may have a blemish or two on their record:
- 12.8 per cent of Cambridge drivers admit to having at least one traffic ticket
- 12.3 per cent admit to having been involved in at least one collision
- 2.8 per cent have both, at least one ticket and one accident (2.8 per cent)
Your location is another factor that’s taken into consideration, insurance rates differ by where you live and Cambridge is a city on the move. It’s estimated that about 12.2 per cent people have moved within Cambridge or to Cambridge every year. If you live in Cambridge and have recently moved, now is the perfect time to compare Cambridge auto insurance rates to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Driving in Cambridge
Cambridge drivers have indicated that on average they drive about 14,646 kilometres a year and have a daily commute of about 9 kilometres each way. The most quoted car brands, according to InsuranceHotline.com data, are: Honda, Toyota, Ram Truck, Ford Truck and Hyundai.
Of those who are of working age, 83.7 per cent drive to work in either a car, truck or van and 7.1 per cent catch a ride with someone. The remaining workers, 9.1 per cent, either walk, bike, take public transit or another form of transportation (this is all according to Statistics Canada).
Also according to Statistics Canada, the average commuting time in Cambridge is 20.2 minutes. Between 7 and 9 a.m., 46 per cent of Cambridge residents leave for work, making it the busiest time to travel. In comparison, 30.9 per cent are early risers and leave for work between 5 and 6:59 a.m. If you adjust your commute times accordingly, it may help you avoid the morning rush.
Auto Insurance 101
Car insurance is a necessity when it comes to owning a car. If you’re not with the right auto insurance provider, it may be costly. If you’re looking for ways to save money on car insurance, the best way to save is to compare rates. Car insurance rates are always changing and will vary by company.
If you’re a new driver it will likely be a bit more expensive. It takes time to build up your driving history to show that you are not a high-risk driver. Over time though, with more experience, your car insurance premium should decrease.
In addition to location and your driving record there are several other factors that go into determining insurance rates. For example:
- The type of car you drive. Each vehicle is rated differently. Theft rates, vehicle safety ratings and the historical repair costs for a vehicle can greatly influence your auto insurance rate.
- Your driving and insurance history. Details such as how long you’ve been licensed for and listed on an insurance policy will be a factor.
- How often and how far you drive. Whether you’ll be driving to work or school every day or just occasionally drive around town on the weekends will be a factor. The more time you spend on the road the more likely your time in the car will affect your auto insurance rate.
Optional coverage and endorsements
Every province has compulsory coverages that you must have as part of your policy. In addition to these compulsory coverages, there are optional coverages that you can add to your policy for an additional fee.
- Collision coverage: this covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact of collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: this protects your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
- Loss of use: In case you’re in an accident, this covers your transportation costs (like a rental car) while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
- Rental car: If you frequently rent cars, this ensures that your rentals have both collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Depreciation Waiver: If you have a new car, this endorsement ensures you’ll receive the full value of your vehicle rather than the depreciated value.
Compare Your Cambridge Auto Insurance Rates. Could You Save $700?
On average, InsuranceHotline.com shoppers save about $700 after shopping their car insurance rates. Compare your Cambridge insurance rates today to see if we can help you save money too, because who couldn’t use a little more savings in their wallet?
Sample Car Insurance Quotes Completed for Drivers in Cambridge, Ontario
Below are real quotes that were recently completed on InsuranceHotline.com by drivers living in Cambridge, Ontario:
|Driver, male, age 36, Cambridge, ON||Current Rate:||$1,872|
|2016 Mazda 3 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,533|
|08/16/2016||Insurance Company:||Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 27, Cambridge, ON||Current Rate:||$2,491|
|2014 Kia Soul||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,874|
|08/19/2016||Insurance Company:||Portage Mutual Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 43, Cambridge, ON||Current Rate:||$1,779|
|2016 Hyundai Sonata 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,185|
|06/13/2016||Insurance Company:||Gore Mutual Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 37, Cambridge, ON||Current Rate:||$1,864|
|2015 Volkswagon Tiguan 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,271|
|07/15/2016||Insurance Company:||Pembridge Insurance|
|Driver, male, age 67, Cambridge, ON||Current Rate:||$1694|
|2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,261|
|08/08/2016||Insurance Company:||AXA Pacific|
Auto Insurance Quotes in Top Ontario Cities
Toronto Car Insurance Quotes
Mississauga Car Insurance Quotes
Ottawa Car Insurance Quotes
Hamilton Car Insurance Quotes
Brampton Car Insurance Quotes
London Car Insurance Quotes
Markham Car Insurance Quotes
Vaughan Car Insurance Quotes
Windsor Car Insurance Quotes
Kitchener Car Insurance Quotes
Barrie Car Insurance Quotes
Burlington Car Insurance Quotes
Oshawa Car Insurance Quotes
Sudbury Car Insurance Quotes
Cambridge Car Insurance Quotes
Kingston Car Insurance Quotes
St.Catharines Car Insurance Quotes