Shopping for St. Catharines Auto Insurance Quotes
At 131,400, St. Catharines is the seventeenth most populated city in Ontario. With 83.8 per cent of the population being old enough to drive (16 and older), that’s a whole lot of drivers who, with the help of InsuranceHotline.com, could save money on their St. Catherines auto insurance rates.
InsuranceHotline is your one stop shop for finding a better rate. When it comes to car insurance, it pays to compare rates because on average InsuranceHotline.com customers save about $700.
Who Shops For St. Catharines Auto Insurance
Anyone looking to find a cheap St. Catharines auto insurance rate should shop around. New drivers, experienced drivers, good drivers and less than perfect drivers—all drivers can benefit by comparing their rates on a regular basis to make sure they’re still getting the best deal. Interestingly, drivers from St. Catharines who visited InsuranceHotline.com come in all shapes and sizes:
- Almost 73.8 per cent of St. Catharines drivers have a clean driving history with no tickets, accidents or licence suspensions
- 10.8 per cent of drivers admit to having at least one traffic ticket
- 7.3 per cent admit to having been involved in at least one collision
- The remaining drivers, 2.3 per cent, have at least one ticket and one accident
Driving in St. Catharines
St. Catharines drivers indicated that on average they drive about 14,000 kilometres a year and have a daily commute of about 15 kilometres each way. Those who are of working age, 79.6 per cent, drive to work every day while and 7.8 per cent are a passenger. The rest of the St. Catharines working population, about 20.3 per cent, either walk, bike, take public transit or another form of transportation to get to their place of employment.
St. Catharines Auto Insurance 101
Car insurance is the most important necessity when it comes to owning a car. You can’t drive without it. If you’re looking for ways to save money on car insurance, the best way to save is to compare rates at minimum every year. Car insurance rates are always changing and vary by company.
- Did you know FSCO (the folks who regulate rates in Ontario) releases quarterly the rate changes they’ve approved? That means, every three months, rates could be changing.
If you’re a new driver, auto insurance will likely be a bit more expensive than if you have a few years of driving and insurance history under your belt. It takes time to build up your driving history. Over time however, with more experience (and a clean driving record) your car insurance premium should decrease.
What Goes Into Calculating An Insurance Rate?
There are many factors that go into determining insurance rates including:
- The type of car you drive
- Your driving record and history
- Your insurance history
- How often and how far you drive
- Where you live
- Your chosen deductibles
- Extra coverage options you may tack onto your policy
Optional coverage and endorsements
Every province has its own set of compulsory coverages (like Liability and Accident Benefits for example), but, there are optional coverages you can choose to customize your auto insurance policy to ensure it provides you with the protection you need. Some of the more popular optional coverages include:
- Collision: this covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact of collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: this protects your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
- Loss of use: In case you’re in an accident, this covers your transportation costs (like a rental car) while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
- Rental car: If you frequently rent cars, this ensures that your rentals have both collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Depreciation Waiver: If you have a new car, this endorsement ensures you’ll receive the full value of your vehicle in case it ever ends up being considered a total loss.
Isn’t it time to see if you could be paying less for your St. Catharines car insurance?
Compare St. Catharines car insurance quotes today to see if you could join the many other InsuranceHotline.com shoppers who’ve saved on average $700.
Auto Insurance Quotes in Top Ontario Cities
Toronto Car Insurance Quotes
Mississauga Car Insurance Quotes
Ottawa Car Insurance Quotes
Hamilton Car Insurance Quotes
Brampton Car Insurance Quotes
London Car Insurance Quotes
Markham Car Insurance Quotes
Vaughan Car Insurance Quotes
Windsor Car Insurance Quotes
Kitchener Car Insurance Quotes
Barrie Car Insurance Quotes
Burlington Car Insurance Quotes
Oshawa Car Insurance Quotes
Sudbury Car Insurance Quotes
Cambridge Car Insurance Quotes
Kingston Car Insurance Quotes
St.Catharines Car Insurance Quotes