Shopping For Sudbury Auto Insurance Quotes
In 2011, Sudbury had a population of 160,770, making Sudbury the tenth most populated city in Ontario. The vast majority of Sudbury drivers (83.1 per cent) are 16 or older and thus old enough to drive. If you live in the Sudbury area and are looking to save some money on your Sudbury auto insurance rates, InsuranceHotline is here to help.
InsuranceHotline is your one stop shop for finding a better rate. When it comes to car insurance, it pays to shop around. The cost to insure the same driver and vehicle can differ among insurance companies. In some cases the difference in cost can vary by hundreds and even thousands of dollars. You may think you currently have the best Sudbury car insurance rate available but it’s best to know for sure and the only way to do this is to shop around to see if there’s a better Sudbury car insurance rate out there.
Who Shops For Sudbury Auto Insurance?
When it comes to determining insurance rates there are a few factors that are taken into consideration. One of them is your driving record (tickets, collisions, years licensed and insured, and licence suspensions for example). While getting quotes at InsuranceHotline:
- Almost 70.5 per cent of Sudbury drivers indicated they have a clean driving history with no tickets, accidents or licence suspensions;
- 14 per cent of drivers admit to having at least one traffic ticket;
- 9.2 per cent admit to having been involved in at least one collision, and
- 2.6 per cent admit to having at least one ticket and one accident (2.6 per cent).
Your location is another factor as insurance rates differ depending on where you live. If you’ve moved recently, it’s time to check to see if your current insurer still offers you the best rate at your new address. Did you know, it’s estimated that about 12.1 per cent have moved to Sudbury (or within Sudbury) in the last year? That’s 12 per cent of drivers who should be checking their rates to see if a lower Sudbury car insurance rate is available.
Driving In Sudbury
Sudbury drivers have indicated that on average they drive about 14,690 kilometres a year and have a daily commute of about 11 kilometres each way. These commutes (according the Sudbury car insurance quotes obtained through InsuranceHotline.com) involve driving a Honda, Toyota, Ram Truck, Ford Truck, Chevrolet, Chevrolet Truck, Pontiac, Mazda, Hyundai, and Volkswagen. Honda is the most common car brand, not surprising given that it is the best-selling car in Canada.
During the last census, Sudbury residents who are of working age overwhelming said they drove to work at 80.7 per cent, while 7 per cent indicated they get a ride as a passenger. The rest, about 12.2 per cent, either walk, bike, take public transit or another form of transportation. The average commuting time in Sudbury is 15.8 minutes.
Sudbury Auto insurance 101
Car insurance is a necessity when it comes to owning a car. If you’re looking for ways to save money on the Sudbury car insurance you need, the best way to save is to compare rates. Car insurance rates are always changing and if you don’t regularly compare car insurance quotes there’s a good chance you’ve overpaying for the coverage you need.
In addition to where you live and your driving record and history there are several other factors that go into determining insurance rates including:
- The type of car you drive. Like individual drivers, each vehicle is rated differently too.
- How often and how far you drive. The more time you spend on the road the more likely it will affect your insurance rate.
- The deductibles you choose. Deductibles are the portion of a claim you pay, and the higher your deductibles, the lower your rate.
- The coverages you choose. Even though there are required minimums, you can opt to increase your coverage, or choose to have optional coverages included in your policy which will factor into your rate. Some of these optional coverages for example include collision and comprehensive coverage.
See If You Can Save $700. Compare Your Sudbury Car Insurance Rates
On average, InsuranceHotline.com shoppers save about $700 after shopping their car insurance rates. Compare your Sudbury car insurance rates today to see if you can lower your Sudbury car insurance premiums too!
Auto Insurance Quotes in Top Ontario Cities
Toronto Car Insurance Quotes
Mississauga Car Insurance Quotes
Ottawa Car Insurance Quotes
Hamilton Car Insurance Quotes
Brampton Car Insurance Quotes
London Car Insurance Quotes
Markham Car Insurance Quotes
Vaughan Car Insurance Quotes
Windsor Car Insurance Quotes
Kitchener Car Insurance Quotes
Barrie Car Insurance Quotes
Burlington Car Insurance Quotes
Oshawa Car Insurance Quotes
Sudbury Car Insurance Quotes
Cambridge Car Insurance Quotes
Kingston Car Insurance Quotes
St.Catharines Car Insurance Quotes