If you are looking for a job that requires a lot of driving, or just want to check your driving record report to make sure everything is in order, you will need to order a driver abstract. There are a few different types of reports available:
- Statement of Driving Record (3 year history) – provides information on accidents, tickets, suspensions, demerit points and suspensions.
- Driver License History – includes G1, G2 and G dates (if appropriate), previous addresses, replacements and renewals.
- Statement of Driving Record (5 year history) – contains Criminal Code of Canada convictions, suspensions and reinstatement’s for the past 5 years, Highway Traffic Act convictions and suspensions for the past 3 years, and demerit point information for the past 3 years.
- Extended Driver Record – contains Highway Traffic Act convictions and suspensions for the past 3 years and all Criminal Code of Canada convictions, suspensions and reinstatements.
- Restricted Driver Record – contains all information about the history of the driver including all address changes, status change dates (G1, G2, G) and Highway Traffic Act or Criminal Code of Canada violations.
You can order all of the reports above, except for the Restricted Driver Record, online at the Service Ontario Website or at any Service Ontario Kiosk. As well, you can mail your request for all reports to Ministry of Transportation, Licensing Administration and Support Office, Special Enquiry Unit, Building A, Room 178, 2680 Keele Street, Downsview, ON M3M 3E6.
For further details, how to order, and pricing information, call the Ministry of Transportation at 1-800-387-3445.
Knowing where you stand with your driving record will help you track tickets that may be coming off your record, and how many points you have accumulated to date. This information will come in handy when you are shopping around for car insurance quotes.