Do you live or drive in the area bordered by Victoria Park Ave (to the East), the 401 (to the North), Brimley Road (to the West) and the lake (to the South)? Officers from 41 Division will be increasing enforcement in the area, especially at high-accident locations and intersections, to remind drivers to obey the rules of the road and to focus on driving, not their hand-held devices.
- Related Read: Tips for Avoiding the Most Common Traffic Tickets
- Related Read: 5 Must Read Tips For Being A Safer Driver
Annual Safety Initiative
The “Reducing Collisions Campaign” is an annual campaign out of 41 Division; and, this year will take place during the week of Monday, August 15, 2016 to Sunday, August 21, 2016.
41 Division police officers in particular will be watching out for speeders, drivers who run traffic lights and stop signs, commit turning offences and unsafe lane changes, and drivers who are behind the wheel driving distracted. In addition to high-accident locations and intersections police will be keeping a watchful eye around pedestrian crossovers and crosswalks.
- Related Read: Steer Clear Of Tickets: New Ontario Rules Of The Road
- Related Read: New Road Rules 2016 – What’s New On The Road?
Safe driving tips
Whether you’re a driver, pedestrian, cyclists or motorcyclist, we want your time on the road to be safe—whether it’s a short jaunt to run errands or setting out for a road trip.
- Obey the speed limit
- Don’t drive, walk or ride distracted.
- Be careful at intersections, crossovers and crosswalks.
- Be patient, calm and courteous.
- Wait your turn and obey all traffic signals, signs and lights.