Over 3 million insurance quotes
Compare Quotes from 30+ Car Insurance Providers and Save
Compare Quotes from 30+ Car Insurance Providers and Save

Did You Know? – July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009

Do you know where
insurance companies store your insurance records?


Canada’s largest database of automobile policy and claims
information, CGI, contains approximately 40 million policy records and 30 million claims,
spanning more than 15 years. This database, called “AutoPlus,” allows insurers
to access detailed and up-to-date personal automobile and claims information.


As a consumer, can you
obtain a copy of your insurance records?


Yes, you can, by filling out a “Consumer AutoPlus Request
Form” and sending it to CGI for processing. You can access this form at InsuranceHotline.com. You should
receive a copy of your report within 10 business days of CGI receiving your
request. The report looks at a 12-month period and will be provided to you at
no cost.


What can you do if you
don’t agree with the information on your report?


If you don’t agree with the information on your AutoPlus
report, you can contact the complaints officer/ombudsman of the insurance company
that originally provided the data and they will direct you as to what steps
you’ll need to take to get it amended or corrected.

  • chandirakumar

    i need my car insurnce record

  • Nick – InsuranceHotline.com


    You’re able to order a driver’s abstract at:

    If you’re looking for information regarding your car insurance, please contact your car insurance company that you have a policy with.


  • http://www.insurancehotline.com/ InsuranceHotline.com


    I am sorry but I don’t know. You should ask your insurance agent or broker. They will likely know .

    Thank you

  • Thi sophia Kien

    Is there a way to get a full history on my insurance record? And if I had an accident under my parents policy will that affect my policy with a new Insurance

  • InsuranceHotline

    You should check with your parents insurance company. they might have your record.
    you can also check with the broker/agent association in your city.