Drive safe and keep a few basic items handy in your car; you could find yourself getting back on the road quicker if you ever run into problems while out and about, or on a road trip!
A car emergency kit should contain:
- A first-aid kit
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Warm blankets
- Bottled water
- Emergency flares, warning lights and reflective warning signs
- An emergency cell phone battery charger
- Candles and matches
- Fire extinguisher
- Jumper cables
- Properly inflated spare tire
- Wheel wrench and jack
- Extra windshield washer fluid and antifreeze
Be prepared for the unexpected and keep an emergency kit in your car. And remember, emergency car safety kits aren’t just for winter driving. You should have in your car all year long.