PRESS RELEASE: July 18, 2012 – Saving on car insurance is a topic of great interest to most drivers. After all, it’s a bill that every driver has to pay, and it can add up quickly especially for those with more than one vehicle. Fortunately, InsuranceHotline.com has the top five tips that can save drivers on their car insurance, and they are simple to take advantage of as well.
Most drivers are looking for ways to reduce car insurance bills, but they aren’t sure how to go about it. These top five tips from InsuranceHotline.com make it simple to get a lower rate right away, and start saving money on any car insurance policy.
- Shop Around. It sounds simple, but many drivers stick with the same company for years without taking the time to compare rates. Each auto insurance company determines their own rates, so even with tickets or accidents it’s possible to get a lower rate. Online rate comparison websites make it easier than ever to shop around, and every driver should take the time to get some quotes when their policy renews. It could mean a lot of money saved on yearly rates.
- Check the Discounts. Don’t assume that every discount is automatically added to the policy. There are things the insurance company may miss – or that they don’t realize should be added to the policy. If the car has a new anti-theft system, or if a new driver qualifies for a good student discount, but the insurance company doesn’t know then they can’t add the discount. Ask for a current list of available discounts and go over the requirements for each with your insurance professional. It’s the best way to make sure every discount applicable is being used.
- Change the Deductible. A higher deductible, especially on collision coverage, can mean a lower car insurance quote. Many drivers are scared off by the idea of having to pay more in the event of a claim, but the reality is that the collision deductible only applies in an at-fault accident, and after a few years without one, the extra cost of the deductible could have been easily paid for by the savings on the premiums.
- Combine Policies. Many people have their home insurance with one company and their car insurance with another. They don’t realize that by having both policies with one company, they can reduce the rates on not just one of them, but both policies. This discount on both home and auto insurance is often one of the largest available and saves drivers and homeowners a lot of money. And it doesn’t have to be a homeowner’s policy; many companies offer the discount with renters insurance as well.
- Pay in Full. Many car insurance companies may actually offer a lower rate to drivers who pay their premium in full on renewal than to those who choose to pay in installments. Monthly payments often come with fees as well that are charged on each installment. Paying the whole thing up front is a quick and simple way to pay less for car insurance.
“There are a lot of ways to save on car insurance,” states Tammy Ezer of InsuranceHotline.com, “but drivers often need to seek them out to get them.” These top five savings tips can mean a lower rate both immediately and for the future.