Black Friday in Canada as Popular as Boxing Day
Will you be ready for the crowds and the crowded parking lots?
Once a strictly U.S. phenomena, Black Friday in Canada is now just as popular as Boxing Day. In fact, according to Accenture's 2017 Holiday Shopping Survey, you can expect to see as many people in-store on Black Friday this year as you will on Boxing Day. For both days, the survey found that 40 per cent of holiday shoppers plan to hit up the stores and take on the crowds to take advantage of sales and special door buster deals.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday this year falls on November 24th followed by Cyber Monday on November 27th. As always, Boxing Day falls on December 26th.
You may be ready to save but are you ready for the parking lot chaos?
While Canadian retailers will be looking forward to the crowds, shoppers are likely not anticipating the chaotic parking lots that come with the holiday shopping season. Minimize the chance of a parking lot accident or theft claim with these tips:
- Skip the main mall entrance. Instead, try to park further away or near a secondary entrance, where parking spots may be easier to find.
- When looking for a spot, keep your left turns to a minimum. By sticking to right turns, you’ll save time and minimize congestion.
- Remember to use your turn indicator as you make your way around the parking lot.
- Drive slowly and be on the look out for pedestrians.
- Where possible, try to back into the parking space so that when it’s time to leave, you can drive out with ease.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Make sure your car doors are locked before you head inside.
- Place purchases in the trunk so they are not visible to thieves.
- If you're heading back into the mall after dropping off your parcels, take a few moments to make sure nobody is watching. If necessary, move your car to a different location.
Black Friday sales can’t beat what you can save on your car insurance
Black Friday is synonymous with saving money (even though you’re spending it to do so). Why not spend a few minutes instead to see if you could save money on your car insurance? On average, InsuranceHotline.com shoppers save $700 after shopping their car insurance rates. Make sure you’re getting the best car insurance deal out there, and shop around for your coverage.