The scenario: You're in another city on business and rented a car for the week. After a meeting, you've returned to the spot where you parked the car only to discover it's gone. Turns out somebody stole the car. You're already picturing the fit the customer service representative is going to have when you go back to the rental location to explain ...
So what Ontario Policy Change Form (OPCF) provides you with the ability to add extra insurance to your Ontario auto policy coverage for this situation?
The form: The OPCF 27 is the right choice for this scenario. Also known as the "Legal Liability for Damage to Non Owned Autos", the OPCF 27 provides you with physical damage coverage (collision and comprehensive coverage) for you and your spouse, including all listed drivers on your policy, in the event of loss or damage caused to all rented and non-owned vehicles.
Details of the OPCF 27 include:
- This form will extend your policy to cover third-party liability, accident benefits, uninsured automobile and direct compensation-property damage coverage whenever driving the rented vehicle.
- The OPCF 27 will cover you anywhere in Canada and the continental United States.
- You will need to already have physical damage coverage on your auto insurance policy in order to purchase the OPCF 27.
- This form carries a policy limit ranging between $25,000 and $50,000.
- The cost of the OPCF 27 ranges from $30 to $50 for a one-year policy term.