Quote Unquote - August 19, 2009

Question mark on a blue background

Q) My son just obtained his G1 license. Do I have to let my insurance company know?

A) The Automobile Insurance Application in Ontario, which you are required to fill out when applying for auto insurance with a company, asks for you to provide a "list of drivers of the described automobile in your household or business, who will be using the vehicle you have insured." So, yes, you need to let your insurance company know that your son just received a G1 license. You will not be charged to add him to your policy until he obtains his G2 license.

Have a question you'd like answered? Please send us an email at [email protected].

Check back every month for new Quote Unquote questions and answers about insurance from readers just like you.