Quote Unquote - February 18, 2009

Question mark on a blue background

Q) If someone gets hurt while on my property, will I be covered?A) If you are found legally liable in the case of an accident that occurs on your property, then, yes, you would be covered if you have a homeowner, tenant or condominium policy, which extends coverage for liability. Know that most of these policies do, but you'll still want to review your policy ahead of time with the help of a licensed insurance broker or agent to make sure you're covered.For example, let's say that your mail carrier slipped on your icy front porch and seriously injured him or herself, you would be responsible, but covered under the liability section of your property policy.Have a question you'd like answered? Please send us an email at [email protected].