Quote Unquote - June 18, 2008

car crushed in accident-min.jpg

Q) Is it necessary to contact the police after a car accident?

A)There are certain situations when you must call the police, which


  • If someone is injured
  • If damage appears to be $1,000 or more
  • If you suspect that the other driver is guilty of a Criminal

Code Offence (such as drunk driving, under the influence of drugs, etc.)

In some cities, the police may ask you to report your accident to

the Collision Reporting Centre instead of the police officer attending the scene

of the accident. This will occur if damage appears to be minor (less than


Have a question you'd like answered? Please send us an email at [email protected].

Check this section of the InsuranceHotline.com Insider every month

where we answer the most common questions about insurance submitted by