Quote Unquote - March 2011

Top view of tablet pc, magnifying glass, pen, notebook, glasses and a cup of coffee with Q&A written on wooden table

Q) I am going to Florida for the winter and taking my car with me. Does my Ontario automobile insurance policy cover me while I am in Florida?

A) Yes. The Ontario Automobile Policy covers you for incidents occurring in Canada, the United States of America and on a vessel traveling between ports of those countries. You should check with your insurance professional, as some insurance companies have underwriting rules limiting the length of time that you will be covered outside of Canada.

Have a question you'd like answered? Please send us an email at [email protected].

Check back every month for new Quote Unquote questions and answers about insurance from readers just like you.