Quote Unquote - October 2010

Question mark on a blue background

Q)If a child hurts themselves on my property while "trick or treating" am I liable?

A) Yes you might be. Anytime anyone is on your property you may be liable if something happens to them. This is why it is always good to have a home, condo or renters insurance as these policies include liability coverage. You can reduce your risk of an accident this Halloween by making sure that your walkways, steps and sidewalks are clear of obstructions.

Have a question you'd like answered? Please send us an email at [email protected].

Check back every month for new Quote Unquote questions and answers about insurance from readers just like you.