Quote Unquote - Vol. 12.22

Question mark on a blue background

"I got a speeding ticket in the US going 80 miles in a 65 zone on Route 87 going towards New York. How would this affect my record here?"

Some Canadian provinces have reciprocal agreements with some States in the US. This means that the state will report any tickets to the home province of the driver. Check with your provincial Ministry of Transportation website to see if New York has an arrangement with your province.

The ticket will then appear on your driving record and could affect your insurance rates if your province has an agreement with New York. Each insurance company charges different rates for each driving profile. Get free car insurance quotes today and find out how much you could save.