Insurance Hotline TESTIMONIAL CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Agreement: These rules govern the Insurance Hotline Testimonial Contest (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Insurance Hotline, an Ontario partnership jointly owned by Toronto Star Newspapers Limited and Metroland Media Group Ltd. (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, except for employees, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee of the Sponsor or its or their corporate affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies. Limit of one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest and Selection: To enter the Contest, entrants must submit a testimonial of 75 words or less about their experience using the Insurance Hotline quoting service. All testimonials must include a photo less than 5MB. Entrants must first complete an insurance quote on www.InsuranceHotline.com. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided upon completion of the quote. The confirmation email will contain an email address to submit a testimonial and photo. To enter, each entrant must read these Contest rules, and submit the required information including the testimonial and photo by email to email@example.com by the end of the Contest Period. A valid email address will be required to enter. The Contest begins on September 11, 2012 and ends on October 10, 2012 (such period, the “Contest Period”). By entering this Contest, you acknowledge that all entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Do not send your only copy of the testimonial or photograph. To be eligible, an entry must be the entrant’s original testimonial and photo, may not have been entered in any other contest, won any other prize or have been previously published in any other medium. In connection with your submission, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize Sponsor to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to your submission to enable inclusion and use of the submission in the manner contemplated by these Contest rules; and (ii) you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the submission in the matter contemplated by these Contest rules. Sponsor reserves the right to reject and disqualify any submissions that could be offensive or inappropriate or that do not meet the terms and conditions of these rules.
One (1) potential winner will be chosen by random draw, which will take place on October 11, 2012. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to an attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone or email, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
5. Ownership/Use Rights: Entrants retain the copyright to their photographs and testimonials. However, by entering the contest, you hereby grant the Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to print, publish, use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display your full name, testimonial and photograph in connection with Sponsor’s (and its successors’) business, including without limitation in any media formats and through any media channels.
6. Prize: One(1) prize is available to be won, consisting of one (1) two hundred and fifty ($250.00) Petro Canada gas card (approximate retail value of $250.00 CDN). Once a potential winner has answered the skill-testing question correctly, provided valid photo ID and signed and returned the required declaration of eligibility and release form as detailed in rule 7 below, his/her prize will be shipped by mail within 15 business days. If a potential winner does not claim the prize by signing and returning such form within one (1) week of notification, the next eligible entry selected by random draw will be contacted and the first selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for unclaimed, lost or misdirected prizes or for postal or shipping damage, errors, strikes or delays.
7. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the winner will be required to provide valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor and its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name, testiomonial and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within one (1) week of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
8. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising from your participation in the Contest, your violation of any term of these Contest rules, your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your submission caused damage to a third party.
9. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive, informing your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer, calling 416-933-3400 and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The Contest is run in compliance with the Insurance Hotline privacy code, which may be found in full here.
10. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more than once.
11. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. Limit of one (1) prize per person. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.