There are many misconceptions about insurance and to dispel these myths, we’ve launched a myth of the week program. Each week, a new video will be released on InsuranceMyths.ca that covers many insurance topics – covering many types of insurance including auto insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, life insurance and motorcycle insurance.
For the month of January, we’re releasing the following myth videos:
- Accident Forgiveness – this video walks you through the truth behind accident forgiveness and what it actually covers.
- Young Drivers – do young drivers always pay more for car insurance? In this video, you’ll find out if they do in fact pay more for car insurance.
- OHIP Coverage – you may think that everything is covered through OHIP while travelling outside of the province or the country. Watch this video to find out if this is myth is true.
- Weather-Related Car Accidents – this topic is very relevant, as the winter weather is approaching. There is a common misconception that the weather is to blame for car accidents that occur during snowy weather.
- Home Insurance Coverage – does home insurance cover ‘acts of God’, such as tornadoes and hail storms? It’s important to know what home insurance actually covers.
Knowing the true facts behind insurance is very important; as any false insurance information can cost you money. We all need to stay informed about insurance and understand what is covered on an insurance policy. Simply visit InsuranceMyths.ca each week to dispel insurance myths.