What Security Measures Does InsuranceHotline.com Have in Place to Safeguard Your Personal Information?
InsuranceHotline.com is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our insurance quoting process is extremely safe and that our customers’ information is secure.
When you provide InsuranceHotline.com with any personal information — your name, email, phone number, driving history, etc. — it's done on a secure server. One of today's most advanced security systems — Secure Socket Layers (SSL) — encrypts all information you provide before sending it to our own server. Only when it reaches our servers is your information decrypted. InsuranceHotline.com uses VeriSign SSL certificates, the world's leading Internet security technology, to secure our site and protect any information that you send us over the Internet.
SSL uses a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. This protocol is a standard used by many websites when you submit confidential information. SSL creates a secure connection between your browser and our server. Addresses of web pages using an SSL connection start with https: instead of http: and most browsers also display an icon of a closed padlock when you visit a page using SSL.
Other things you can do to enhance your security whenever you are online include the following:
• Use an Internet firewall (hardware or software).
• Use current software and operating system versions; get updates and security patches regularly.
• Use anti-virus software and download updates frequently.
• Use your own PC.
• Choose a hard-to-guess password; change your password regularly.
• Use a unique Username/Password, not one you use on other websites.
• Use strong 128-bit encryption available in the latest version of your browser.
• When finished, logoff the website and close your browser.
• For additional security, you can also clear your browser’s cache and temporary Internet files.
If you have any questions or concerns about security on our website, please send us an email at email@example.com.