Want to reduce your car insurance premium? Have a look at these tips.
1. Maintain a good driving record. Drive carefully, wear your seat belt and don't become distracted while driving.
2. Increase your deductibles. The higher the deductible, the lower your premium.
3. Take public transit. If you drive to work, consider using the bus or the subway. Driving your car less can lower your premium.
4. Buy accident forgiveness coverage. If you have this coverage and have an "At Fault" loss, it could save you hundreds of dollars on your next renewal.
5. Review your coverage. If you drive an older vehicle, you may want to consider removing your collision or comprehensive coverage and should discuss this with a licensed insurance broker or agent.
6. Change the type of car you drive. Some vehicles cost more to repair than others. Other vehicles have a better safety record. Visit the Insurance Bureau Of Canada site, to see which cars have the best records.
7. Insure your car and home with the same company. Many companies will offer a discount if you purchase both car and home insurance with them.
8. Complete driving courses. New drivers should take an accredited drivers training course, which not only prepares you to become a better driver, but also qualifies you for a discount with many insurance companies.
9. Shop around. This is actually the fastest, easiest way to save money on your car insurance. InsuranceHotline.com can provide you quotes from over 30 insurance companies in just minutes to ensure you are paying the lowest rate available, and all at no cost to you.