Top Five Tips to Save on Car Insurance
PRESS RELEASE: November 7, 2012 - Finding a lower car insurance rate is easy for US residents. Insurance Hotline is now offering the Esurance quoting engine to its consumers to provide online car insurance quotes – fast and free. A few minutes could save drivers hundreds, even thousands on insurance rates. And as most drivers are interested in finding savings wherever possible, these top five tips will help.
Many drivers aren’t sure how to go about saving on car insurance. These top five tips from InsuranceHotline.com make it simple to get a lower rate right away, and start saving money on any car insurance policy.
- Shop Around. It sounds simple, but many drivers stick with the same company for years without taking the time to compare rates. Each auto insurance company determines their own rates, so even with tickets or accidents it’s possible to get a lower rate. Online rate comparison websites, like InsuranceHotline.com make it easier than ever to shop around, and every driver should take the time to get some quotes when their policy renews. It could mean a lot of money saved on yearly rates.
- Check the Discounts. Don’t assume that every discount is automatically added to the policy. There are things the insurance company may miss – or that they don’t realize should be added to the policy. If the car has a new anti-theft system, or if a new driver qualifies for a good driver or good student discount, but the insurance company doesn’t know then they can’t add the discount. Ask for a current list of available discounts and go over the requirements for each with your insurance professional. It’s the best way to make sure every discount applicable is being used.
- Change the Deductible. A higher deductible, especially on collision coverage, can mean lower insurance quotes. Many drivers are scared off by the idea of having to pay more in the event of a claim, but the reality is that the collision deductible only applies in an at-fault accident, and after a few years without one, the extra cost of the deductible could have been easily paid for by the savings on the premiums.
- Combine Policies. Many people have their home insurance with one company and their car insurance with another. They don’t realize that by having both policies with one company, they can reduce the rates on not just one of them, but both policies. This discount on both home and auto insurance is often one of the largest available and saves drivers and homeowners a lot of money. And it doesn’t have to be a homeowner’s policy; many companies offer the discount with renters insurance as well.
- Pay in Full. Many car insurance companies may actually offer a lower rate to drivers who pay their premium in full on renewal than to those who choose to pay in installments. Monthly payments often come with fees as well that are charged on each installment. Paying the whole thing up front is a quick and simple way to pay less for car insurance.
"We’ve expanded our offering to US residents," states Tammy Ezer of InsuranceHotline.com, "to help save more drivers money on their insurance rates. By following these five savings tips and getting online insurance quotes using InsuranceHotline.com, drivers will likely see a big difference in their rates."
About: InsuranceHotline.com is a free online insurance rate comparison service that directs consumers to its large network of more than 30 insurance companies and licensed insurance professionals and provides quotes based on the lowest rates available through its network. In business since 1994, InsuranceHotline.com does not sell insurance, is not a licensed broker, and is not owned in whole or in part by an insurance company, agent or brokerage; ensuring consumers get a truly unbiased quote.