About Consumer AutoPlus and Consumer HITS Reports
- Insurance information is submitted to CGI by the Canadian Property and Casualty (P&C) industry. CGI stores that information but is not authorized to make changes to it.
- A consumer may request insurance information that CGI holds about them however CGI may only release information related to the requesting consumer.
- Consumers requesting that CGI provide information about them have the obligation to demonstrate to CGI that they are who they claim to be so that CGI may release their information to them.
- Consumer Request forms are located in the footer section of this site under the heading CONSUMER REPORTS.
- Once a consumer has demonstrated that they are entitled to receive the requested information, that information will be provided in the form of a Consumer report specific to the request made (i.e. Property or Automobile).
If you do not agree with the information on the Consumer report that CGI provides to you, please contact the Complaint Officer/Ombudsperson of the insurer that provided the information to CGI (i.e. the insurance company who you were insured with). A list of these individuals can be found on the Financial Services Commission of Ontario website:
under “Company Consumer Complaint Officers”.
- CGI will only mail a copy of your Consumer Report to the address that appears on the Proof of Residence provided by you (see below). Reports will be mailed by regular mail within 10 business days of receiving your request.
Consumer automobile information is provided in a Consumer AutoPlus report
- AutoPlus provides personal automobile policy and claims information
- Proof of residence is a scanned copy of the front of your provincial driver’s license
Consumer property information is provided in a Consumer HITS report
- HITS provides personal property claims information related to a property location while it was insured by you. Claims information pertaining to any property location while it was not insured by you will not be provided.
- Proof of residence is a copy of a current utility bill (i.e. phone, gas, water, hydro etc.) displaying your name and current address as well as information about your current property policy (outlined on the request form).
Here’s how to order your Auto Claims History Report from CGI:
- Print and complete the request form by clicking on the Autoplus Request Form or HITS Request Form links below. Note: Requests will only be processed after receiving completed form(s).
- Send your request by one of the options below.
- Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-514-415-3989
- Mail: CGI Technical Assistance Centre 5800 St-Denis, 7th Floor Montreal, PQ, H2S 3L5