No matter where in Ontario you reside, purchasing and maintaining auto insurance coverage is a must. Although specifics tend to vary by province and from country to country, every driver has to have some sort of coverage to legally operate a vehicle. Sudbury, Ontario is no different.
No matter how well you drive or how safe your car may be, you will still need insurance to cover you in case of accidents. Luckily, just because it's required, doesn't mean you have to break the bank in order to purchase a policy.
Let's take a closer look at what auto insurance you need in Sudbury, Ontario as well as ways to save money.
Car Insurance Requirements for Sudbury
Every area has its own set of specifications and requirements for auto insurance. The basic specifications for motorists of Sudbury are as follows:
- Third-Party Liability Coverage -- Must carry a minimum of $200,000 to help with the expenses that could be caused by someone being killed or injured or incurs other damages as a result of being hit by your vehicle.
- Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage -- You also need some coverage to help cover some of your costs that can result from accidents caused by you.
- Direct Compensation & Property Damage Coverage -- You will also need coverage to help in the event that your or your possessions are damaged by an accident caused by another motorist.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage -- Lastly, you need coverage to help cover costs if you or your loved ones are injured or killed by an uninsured motorist and/or a motorist who flees the scene.
Finding Cheap Car Insurance in Sudbury, Ontario
If you are looking for cheap auto insurance in Sudbury, Ontario, be sure to take heed to the following tips:
- Make Sure Your Record is Up-To-Date- Many insurance companies will lower your rates based on the length of your driving record. Make sure yours is up to date to reap this benefit.
- Opt for Annual Payments- Many insurance companies will allow you to pay your premiums annually at a discounted rate.
- Bundle- Also, bundling your auto insurance with other types of insurance (such as home/ renters' insurance) can help you save on your policy.
- Safety Precautions- By purchasing winter tires, anti-theft devices, dashboard cameras, taking safe driving courses, and more, you can lower your insurance premiums.
Stats About Driving in Sudbury
Some 47 percent of Sudbury drivers commute an average 5 km daily and 90 percent of drivers in Sudbury have winter tires.
Getting the right car insurance quotes in Ontario doesn't have to be difficult. Just keep these tips in mind and you are well on your way to doing just that!