3 Steps to Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
- Complete A Car Insurance Quote
The first step to locking in extra savings is to fill out our easy step by step quote form. The entire process can be done in 5 minutes and at the end you are instantly provided with the cheapest Canadian car insurance quotes available from our network of licensed insurance professionals. It really is that simple. Our unbiased search technology takes your information and compares your rate against more than 30 Canadian insurance companies and help find you a lower insurance rate. Try it now and join more than 1 million Canadians who have used our service to lock in car insurance savings.
- Lock In Your Insurance Savings
Once you have your quote the next step in the process is to lock in your savings by speaking to a professional insurance broker or agent directly. InsuranceHotline.com handles this by connecting you with a licensed professional in your area who can help get you set up with your new policy. We make the entire process of shopping for insurance quick and easy so that you can get back to your day. Life can be busy and complicated. Shopping for the best car insurance doesn’t need to be. Not anymore.
- Stay Informed All Year Long
Saving money on your car insurance today is great, but why not extend the benefits beyond your initial quote. At InsuranceHotline.com we can actively monitor our network and alert you when a better rate becomes available. Our rate alert service is free, non-intrusive and occurs every 3 to 6 months depending on your level of preference. Just like mortgage rates, car insurance premiums can change frequently. We will make sure you stay informed absolutely free and we will even remind you when it’s time for your next auto insurance renewal.
Car Insurance In Canada: Things You Should Know
Shopping for Auto Insurance Quotes
The rates charged by different car insurance companies to insure the same car and driver can vary by hundreds and even thousands of dollars, so it pays to shop around. The key is to find the insurance company that has the lowest rate available, but with so many car insurance companies, calling around to get comparative quotes can be hard work and very time consuming. This is where getting instant online car insurance quotes which compare the rates from a broad cross-section of the available insurance companies can help.
How to get Cheap Car Insurance
There are many factors that play a role in determining your auto insurance premiums. Here are some ways to save money:
- Be sure to shop your rate each year
- Pay your premiums on time
- Use winter tires
- bundle different insurance products, like home, motorcycle etc
- Increase your deductible
Auto Insurance in Canada
In Canada, the law requires all licensed drivers to have auto insurance. But the rates consumers are charged depend on a wide variety of variables, all of which are assessed independently by every insurance company.
Auto insurance companies look at your driving profile, which includes things like the make and model of car you drive, your age, your gender, where you live, the number of tickets and accidents on your record, etc.; and use that information to assess the risk of you making a claim in the future which then determines your rates.
There are also differences across Canada in terms of how the auto insurance industry is administered and regulated depending on the province. In British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan, auto insurance is administered by the government. Car Insurance in Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and all other provinces except Quebec, is administered by the private sector and a large number of private insurers. Finally, Quebec has a hybrid model: The government insures against injuries to people, and private insurers cover you for property damage.
Car insurance is distributed to consumers through different networks of licensed insurance professionals. They are:
- Insurance Brokers – Provide independent and expert advice, advocacy and support to consumers with respect to their car insurance needs and typically work with, and sell policies for, a number of different insurance companies.
- Insurance Agents – Provide expert advice, advocacy and support to consumers with respect to their car insurance needs and work with, and sell policies for, one insurance company.
- Direct Writers (Direct Response Insurers) – Provide expert advice, selling and servicing property and casualty insurance products, including auto insurance, in Canada through direct response marketing and distribution for one insurance company.
Why Have Auto Insurance?
As with all types of insurance, auto insurance exists to protect consumers against future losses. By pooling the risks of individual consumers and charging each a small premium, insurance companies ensure that there are adequate funds available to pay the claims made by a subset of those risks. The types of things typically covered under a standard auto insurance policy in Canada include:
- Third-Party Liability. This coverage protects you in the event of an accident causing loss or damage to another person when you are at fault.
- Accident Benefits. This coverage offers benefits to protect you if you are injured in an accident regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage. This coverage protects you in the event of death or injury caused by an uninsured motorist or by a hit-and-run.
In addition, optional coverage that is available on most car insurance policies include:
- Loss or Damage Coverage. This would include: All Perils, Collision, Comprehensive and Specified Perils. You can purchase a combination of these to protect you against loss of or damage to your automobile caused by collision, fire, theft, and a variety of other unpredictable risks.
Once you have received your online insurance quote from InsuranceHotline.com, we will connect you with a licensed car insurance broker or agent in Canada who will walk through the quote with you and answer any additional questions that you may have.
*Contest Rules here