In case you missed it, watch #AskAnneMarie answer some of the most common questions homeowners and drivers have about their insurance coverage.
True or false? When you move you have to cancel your old home insurance policy before getting coverage for your new house. Fact or fiction? Your car insurance rate will change when your address changes.
These are just a few of the questions posed by guest host Lena Almeida (of Listen to Lena) to our own Anne Marie Thomas, during a recent Facebook Live event about the insurance implications of buying a new home, moving, and undertaking renovations.
During the live event, Anne Marie also fielded questions that were top of mind of viewers, including questions like:
- Does a larger home mean you pay more for home insurance?
- Is it possible to get a list of what’s not covered by my home insurance policy?
- Does home insurance cost more if you install a pool? Is there a minimum liability coverage required?
- Who should consider buying overland flooding coverage?
- What type of insurance is required to undertake home renovations?
- Does the colour of your car affect the premium you pay?
- Why does my insurance increase even though I have a loyalty discount?
- When does a G1 licensed driver need to be added to the family auto insurance policy?
- Is credit card travel insurance sufficient coverage when travelling outside of Canada?
- What is the difference between guaranteed life insurance and term life insurance?
- Which is better to cover the cost of a mortgage, mortgage life insurance or term life insurance?
Watch the video to learn the answers to these questions and more.