Black Friday More Popular Than Boxing Day in Canada
Expect lots of shoppers in search of deals and crowded parking lots too.
Boxing Day is losing its lustre with Canadian shoppers. Black Friday is now the day that Canadians turn to when shopping for deals.
According to a survey from the Retail Council of Canada, 43 percent of Canadians plan to take in Black Friday festivities this year and half (50 percent) will shop in-store. In comparison, 34 percent of shoppers plan to take advantage of Boxing Day deals and 61 percent plan to make the trek to the mall rather than go online.
Find the Best Car Insurance Rates
Compare car insurance quotes from 30+ providers in a single search. Start saving money today on the premiums you pay.
Door Crasher Deals Are Good, Parking Lot Crashes Are Not
You may be all set to save but are you ready for the parking lot chaos that comes with Black Friday shopping? As retailers get ready for the crowds to kick off the holiday shopping season, make sure you lessen the chance of a parking lot accident or theft claim with these Black Friday parking lot tips:
- Chances are slim that you’ll get a parking spot near the main mall entrance. Instead of circling around, seek out a spot further away or near a secondary entrance where parking spots may be easier to find.
- When looking for a spot, minimize the number of left turns you take. If you have the option, turn right to save time and minimize congestion.
- Use your turn signal indicator as you navigate your way around the parking lot.
- Drive slowly and be on the lookout for pedestrians eager to get to the sales or loaded down with parcels.
- Where possible, back into the parking space. That way, when it’s time to leave you can drive out with ease.
- Park in a well-lit area and make sure your doors are locked before you head inside.
- When heading back into the mall after dropping off your purchases, take a few moments to make sure nobody is watching. If necessary, move your car to a different location.
- Place purchases in the trunk so they are not easily visible to thieves.
- After a successful day of shopping, remember to turn your headlights on when you go to leave.
Black Friday Sales Are Nothing Compared to What You Can Save on Your Car Insurance
Black Friday is synonymous with saving money but why wait for a special day when you can save today? On average, drivers who shop their rate at InsuranceHotline.com save $427. Make sure you’re getting the best deal out there and compare car insurance quotes today to see if you could save too.