Square One Insurance Company Profile
Just as no two homes are the exact same, Square Oneinsurance believes no two home insurance policies should be the exact same either. This company offers personalized policies that cover exactly what you need.
Breaking the Home Insurance Mold
Square One insurance was started in 2011 by a group of professionals who thought that traditional insurance just wasn’t working for policyholders. That’s why they developed a company that would allow for more customization in the insurance plan process. The company operates out of Vancouver, British Columbia and has a United States office in Arizona. Square One insurance claims it can offer such low prices because it saves by selling policies exclusively online and over the phone.
The home insurance policies with this company are underwritten by Mutual Fire Insurance Company of BC, which has financial strength rating of A- (Excellent). Mutual Fire Insurance is also a member of the Property and Casualty Insurance Compensation Corporation, which is set in place to protect policyholders and claimants.
Square One’s underwriter for its legal protection insurance is DAS Legation Insurance Company Ltd, which is part of the Germany-based company, DAS group.
Home Insurance and all the fixings
One size does not fit all, which is where going with a company like Square One insurance may be more suitable for your home coverage needs. Before getting a policy, it’s easy for customers to customize their plans. Various deductibles that may be covered include: earthquakes, inland flooding (not in all areas), sewer back-up, wind and hail.
Comprehensive coverage (or all risk) offered by this company covers all types of loss except for specified perils such as damage from coastal floods, terrorism, and war. It is a great option to make sure your home is properly protected if an accident or a natural disaster were to strike.
When it comes to coverage for personal and specialty property, Square One Insurance has you covered for that too. You decide what you want insured and how much. This includes covering most common personal property, such as appliances and furniture, but there are also plans for those extra items. Other coverage options include:
- Bicycle, Sporting Equipment and Watercraft (limits on the size of watercraft apply).
- Business Property
- Jewellery and Watches
- Fine Arts and Collectibles, which can include figurines and dishes used for special occasions.
There is a wide range of other issues that can come up for a homeowner and Square One can help with those as well. Some plans include:
- Additional living expense coverage that could arise if you have to leave your home.
- Rental Income Loss Coverage, which helps landlords cover the loss of rent should a rental dwelling become uninhabitable and requires repairs.
- Personal and Premises liability will cover you if someone is injured on your property or while using your property.
- Identity Theft Coverage can cover losses due to theft or illegal access to your identity and credit, as well as your credit and debit cards, forgeries, and counterfeit paper currency.
- Legal Protection, which isn’t commonly offered in most home insurance polices in Canada. This coverage gives you access to a legal advice helpline and coverage for a variety of legal problems such as employee legal defence, property protection, tax protection and contract disputes.
Plans for Condo Owners, Renters, and More!
Square One insurance doesn’t just offer home insurance to those living in houses. They also offer tenant and rental coverage for those living in different types of homes.
- Condo, duplex, and townhouse owners, with coverage available for condo owners to include additional improvements.
- Tenant Insurance to cover your possessions in a rental unit.
- Rental Properties, where you can get also get comprehensive protection.
Support for when you need it
You never know when an accident or disaster may strike, which is why Square One insurance’s claims department is available by phone at 1-855-331-6933, day or night. They can also be reached by email here. Clients are guaranteed a response within two hours. All claims are handled by a single claims adjuster and you’re able to track the process online.
Square One insurance quotes are available through InsuranceHotline.com. Compare quotes for free and see how much you can save on insurance for your home.