Shopping for Barrie Car Insurance Quotes
In 2011, Barrie had a population of 187,013 representing a percentage change of 5.6 per cent from 2006. This makes Barrie the ninth most populated city in Ontario, according to Statistics Canada. The vast majority, 79.6 per cent, of the Barrie population is old enough to drive (16 and older). If you live in the Barrie area and looking to save some money on your auto insurance, InsuranceHotline is here to help. We want to help you find the coverage you need at the best available rate.
InsuranceHotline is your one stop shop for finding a better rate. When it comes to car insurance, it pays to shop around. The cost to insure the same driver and vehicle can differ among insurance companies. In some cases the difference in cost can vary by hundreds and even thousands of dollars.
Who Shops For Barrie Auto Insurance?
The average age of Barrie drivers getting quotes at InsuranceHotline is 36. When it comes to determining insurance rates there are a few factors that are taken into consideration. One of them is your driving record. While getting quotes at InsuranceHotline, 72.2 per cent of Barrie drivers have a clean driving history with no tickets, accidents or licence suspensions, while 12.8 per cent of drivers admit to having at least one traffic ticket, and 11.6 per cent admit to having been involved in at least one collision. The remaining drivers have at least one ticket and one accident (2.9 per cent).
Where you live is another factor that’s taken into consideration; insurance rates differ among locations. It’s estimated that about 12.7 per cent have moved to Barrie or within Barrie in the last year. If you have recently moved to or within Barrie, it’s the perfect time to compare Barrie car insurance quotes.
Driving In Barrie
Barrie drivers have indicated that on average they drive about 14,499 kilometres a year and have a daily commute of about 10 kilometres each way. The cars driven most by Barrie drivers in order from most popular, according to InsuranceHotline.com data, are made by Honda, Toyota, Ram Truck, Ford Truck, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Mazda, Ford, and Chevrolet Truck.
Of Barrie residents who are of working age, 82.6 per cent drive to work while 7.1 per cent are a passenger. The remaining 10.1 per cent either walk, bike, take public transit or another form of transportation.
The average commuting time in Barrie is estimated to be 20.6 minutes. The busiest time to travel in Barrie is between 7 and 9 a.m., with 48.7 per cent of Barrie residents leaving for work during this two hour window. In comparison, 29 per cent leave for work between 5 and 6:59 a.m. If you prefer to avoid the morning rush, adjusting your commute times should do the trick!
Barrie Auto insurance 101
Car insurance is an essential item every driver must have and the best way to save money on your car insurance premiums is to compare rates. Car insurance rates are always changing and vary by company, even Barrie car insurance rates. You may currently believe you have the best Barrie car insurance rate available but when it comes time to renew your policy, you always should check and see if there’s a lower rate available.
In addition to location and your driving record there are several other factors that go into determining insurance rates including:
- The type of car you drive. Each vehicle is rated differently. Theft rates, vehicle safety ratings and the historical repair costs for a vehicle can vary significantly.
- The options you choose. While there is often a set minimum for compulsory coverages, you can opt to have more coverage protection.
- Your deductibles. In general, the higher your deductible the lower your car insurance rate. These savings are available because it means you pay more towards the cost of repairing your vehicle, while your insurance company pays less, if you need to make a claim.
- How often and how far you drive. Whether you’ll be driving to work or school every day or just occasionally will be a factor. The more time you spend on the road affects your insurance rate.
Optional Coverage And Endorsements
Every province has compulsory minimums that you must have as part of you possible. In Ontario, every policy must include: Accident Benefits, Direct Compensation-Property Damage, Third-Party Liability, and Uninsured Auto coverage. However, there are optional coverages and endorsements that you can add to your policy for an additional fee like:
- Collision coverage: this covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact of collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: this protects your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
- Loss of use: In case you’re in an accident, this covers your transportation costs (like a rental car) while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
- Rental car: If you frequently rent cars, this ensures that your rentals have both collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Depreciation Waiver: If you have a new car, this endorsement ensures you’ll receive the full value of your vehicle in case it ever ends up being considered a total loss.
Compare Your Barrie Car Insurance Rates, See If You Could Save $700
On average, InsuranceHotline.com shoppers about $700 after shopping their car insurance rates. Compare Barrie car insurance quotes today to see if you could be saving too!
Sample Car Insurance Quotes Completed for Drivers in Barrie, Ontario
Below are real quotes that were recently completed on InsuranceHotline.com by drivers living in Barrie, Ontario:
|Driver, male, age 32, Barrie, ON||Current Rate:||$1,600|
|2016 Honda Civic 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,500|
|06/08/2016||Insurance Company:||Chieftain Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 56, Barrie, ON||Current Rate:||$1,700|
|2015 Toyota Corolla LE 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,193|
|07/22/2016||Insurance Company:||Zenith Insurance|
|Driver, male, age 36, Barrie, ON||Current Rate:||$2000|
|2009 Volkwagen Golf GTI 2DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$1,676|
|07/21/2016||Insurance Company:||RBC Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 29, Barrie, ON||Current Rate:||$2,100|
|2012 Mazda Mazda3 iSV 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$2,006|
|08/22/2016||Insurance Company:||ING Insurance|
|Driver, female, age 23, Barrie, ON||Current Rate:||$2,900|
|2009 Ford Explorer Sport 4DR||Lowest Rate Available:||$2,728|
|06/20/2016||Insurance Company:||Economical Insurance|
Driving in Ontario, but not in Barrie?
Auto Insurance Quotes in Top Ontario Cities
Toronto Car Insurance Quotes
Mississauga Car Insurance Quotes
Ottawa Car Insurance Quotes
Hamilton Car Insurance Quotes
Brampton Car Insurance Quotes
London Car Insurance Quotes
Markham Car Insurance Quotes
Vaughan Car Insurance Quotes
Windsor Car Insurance Quotes
Kitchener Car Insurance Quotes
Barrie Car Insurance Quotes
Burlington Car Insurance Quotes
Oshawa Car Insurance Quotes
Sudbury Car Insurance Quotes
Cambridge Car Insurance Quotes
Kingston Car Insurance Quotes
St.Catharines Car Insurance Quotes